Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas: God With Us

I have to admit: I'm not always in the Christmas Spirit by the time it rolls around. But I've figured out it's because of what Christmas has come to means, instead of what it once meant. So as we steadily get closer to Christmas, I'm focusing on Emmanuel.



I have such a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords became a baby. He was God, He could have came down with an army of angels, but instead chose to come simply as a baby. Why is that? Emmanuel. Which means God with us. God wanted a close, personal, intimate relationship with Him so He chose to become one of us and show us how much He loved us.
  He truely is 'God With Us'. He is our refuge and our strength, our guide, our Shepherd and He even counts the number of our tears.

This Christmas, as the hustle and bustle tries to wrench away my focus, I want to be still and reflect on this beautiful mystery of Christmas. Take time to spend with the Savior who gave it all for us.
 
Relient K- I celebrate the day
"And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever?/ And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life".

This is a beautiful song, I encourage you to look it up.

I wish every one of you a Merry Christmas and pray that this Christmas you take time to sit with Emmanuel. God With Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment